HEB Gift Card Sale on Thursday
We still have some HEB Gift cards left for sale. You buy them at face value and 4% goes back to the PTA. If you shop at HEB it’s a great way to support the school without having it hit your budget. A table will be set up for sales on Thursday afternoon, May 23 from 2:30 pm to 3:00 pm or you can email Kynna at Kynna@austin.rr.com to order. Cards come in $25, $50, $100, & $200 denominations and can be purchased with cash or check only.
Rita’s Ice on Friday
Rita's Italian Ice will be back this Friday for Fun Friday. Cool off with an ice treat after school for $3 per cup.
Fifth Grade News
- It’s Limbo Time!!!! The 5th Grade Dance will be held on Tuesday, June 4th at 1:30 p.m. This year’s theme is Looney Luau. This event is organized solely by the 5th grade parents. There will be an Instant Photo Booth, several dance contests and some door prizes. Dollar Tree has a fabulous selection of luau items if you want to come in costume.
We need food and drink donations for 108 students including salty snacks, juice boxes or pouches, fresh fruit or whatever else floats your boat. Parents are welcome to come join in the fun and help is needed to put up decorations on June 4th. Please wait until June 3 to start bringing food and drink donations. If you are willing to help, please contact Sharon Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org. - Attention fourth grade parents! Please continue the celebration tradition and help fifth grade. On Tuesday, June 4, fifth grade is in need of two parent volunteers to help serve cake and punch to the parents and students of fifth grade after the fifth grade ceremony. It would be from 9:45 to 11 a.m. Please email Emilie Clement at email@example.com if you are able to help.
The last skate night of the school year will be Thursday, May 30, from 6-8PM. Come skate with other Summitt Families one last time before summer break! All proceeds for the last Skate Night will benefit the robotics program at Summitt. Cost is $5 per skater.
Watch DOG pictures
We have lots of extra pictures of Watch DOGs and their children available for you to pick up in the Great Hall. The extra pictures are in the plastic bag. Please go through it and pick up pictures of you and your children.
All Star Active donation update
Summitt students won’t be the only ones to benefit from the money raised during our March fitness fundraiser. CASA of Travis County will receive a 1% donation from All-Star Active, so CASA will receive a check for about $140. This is on behalf of our school and the grade that gathered the most pledges. First grade came in first place with a total of $3503.50
Fall Fest volunteer opportunity
Even though this school year has not ended, the PTA is starting to plan for next year. We need your help to make Fall Fest a success. Please consider volunteering for one of these committees, especially a couple of people to organize the event.
Save the date: Fall Fest - October 19, 2013, 4-7 pm!
Several people to oversee the committees to make sure the effort is running smoothly. Set up committee meetings to make sure tasks are accomplished. You would be the point of contact for the event. You will receive a binder with all information from past Fall Fests. Past Fall Fest organizers will be available for all questions you may have.
Would attend a 2 hour AISD food safety course; help submit paperwork to AISD for food permit. Would be able to attend the entire Fall Fest and help oversee food court. Create Fall Fest Menu.
Ticket Sales Committee
Organize ticket sales in great hall and Monday folders. You could work over the summer getting tickets ready for the fall.
You will need to be present for Fall Fest. Decide on which games to use. Make sure games have all things in order before the event (signs, “stand behind” lines, game pieces). Can work on this during the summer.
Prize booth Committee
Determine best set up for the prize booth. Will help order prizes and be at Fall Fest to help be in charge of the prize booth (Chuck E Cheese style booth where winners turn in tokens for prizes). Would need to be present for Fall Fest.
Fifth Grade Haunted House Directors
We need a large group of 5th grade parents to design, create, setup, staff and run the Haunted House.
Food & Drink Donation from Summitt Parents Committee
Create and oversee donations requested from Summitt parents for the event.
Prize Donations from Summitt Parents Committee
Send out a request for donation of prizes (we can help with this), gather donations, move to storage until Fall Fest, help inventory prizes.
Set up and Tear Down Committee
Orchestrate the set up process and tear down processes. Direct workers during set up.
Business Donations Committee
Request donations from specific area businesses for specific items. Can do this over the summer!
Booth Sponsorship Committee
Send out booth sponsorship forms to Summitt parents. Keep track of sponsorships. Replay information to other committee members.
Post Fall Fest Booth Analyst
After FF is over, you will manually count the tickets for each game and record the results . This will help us keep track of how much money is made at each game.
Organize recycling process for Fall Fest.
Volunteer liaison for Murchison and Anderson
Contact and be the point of contact for outside groups who wish to volunteer and receive volunteer-hours for their time.
Organizer of all Volunteers
Gather signup sheets from classroom doors. Fill in the Excel spreadsheet of all parents and teachers who signed up for shifts. This will help us determine where to send middle school and high school volunteers on the day of the event and where we are short of volunteers. Duties for this will take place the week prior to FF.
Thank you note writers
Handwrite or orchestrate thank you note posters made from students and deliver to the businesses who donated to Fall Fest.
Lost and Found
Our lost and found has accumulated a large amount of coats, jackets and clothing. Please check the lost and found in the music hallway; all items will be donated Thursday, June 6.
AISD and Community Events
- Anderson High School’s UIL One Act Play will be competing at the State Meet amongst the top 8 conference 5A schools on Wednesday, May 22nd at the Bass Concert Hall on The University of Texas campus. This is the first time since 1995 and only the 6th time ever for Anderson Theater to go to State! Anderson is the only school in Austin to compete at the State level. Tickets go on sale at 6:30 pm and the event starts at 7:30 pm. Anderson is scheduled to perform around 9:00 pm but you will want to arrive earlier in case they are running ahead of schedule and to get a good seat. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for students. Good luck to Anderson Theater!!
- Do not miss our first Running of the Trojans on Friday, May 24th at 6:15 pm at House Park (1301 Shoal Creek Blvd; off 13th/N. Lamar)! The Anderson Football team, coaches and boosters would like to invite all incoming 2nd through 8th graders to run through the tunnel at House Park. Kids will meet on the North end of House Park around 6 pm near the Tunnel. Get a chance to high five a Trojan and meet and greet our Anderson Football players. Be a part of our Annual Trojan spring scrimmage. Following the Running of the Trojans, a group of Pop Warner teams will play a quick 7 on 7 game between 6:30-7 pm. Following the 7 on 7 fun, the Trojans Spring Scrimmage will begin at 7 pm.
- Sign up now for Anderson High School's Summer Robotics Camps! Spaces are filling up fast.
- The Anderson High School Cheerleaders will be hosting their Cheer and Mascot Youth Camp again this summer. July 29th-August 1st, 9 a.m. to 4p.m. Please print out a registration form from our website at www.andersontrojancheerleading.shutterfly.com. For more information, please contact Nancy Panter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, May 22 - Family Night at Chuck E Cheese
Friday, May 24 - Fifth grade parade
Friday, May 24 - Rita’s Italian Ice after school
Monday, May 27 - Memorial Day, no school
Wednesday, May 29 - 4th Grade Talent Show
Thursday, May 30 - Skate night, 6-8 p.m.
Friday, May 31 - Soaring Skyward
Friday, May 31 - Rita’s Italian Ice after school
Tuesday, June 4 - Fifth Grade celebration and dance
Wednesday, June 5 - Fifth Grade Science Blow out
Wednesday, June 5 - Rita’s Italian Ice after school
Wednesday, June 5 - Last day of school!
Monday, August 26 - First Day of School
Saturday, October 19 - Fall Fest